As you know, Abel Tasman has been reviewing a limited opening of our facility to visitors on a weekly basis.
This week, we can announce some changes! This is great news… but we are still restricted according to Local Government Area hot-spots after advice from the NSW Dept of Health and our peak advisory body ACSA.
So unfortunately family and friends who have visited selected Local Government Areas in the last 14 days are still restricted from visiting the Abel Tasman Village (see listing below).
But we are happy to announce that for eligible visitors, we are implementing the following schedule starting this week:
- Opening 2 days per week, on rotating days on weekdays and weekends between the hours of 1.00 and 5.00 pm. This week, those days will be Sunday 4th and Tuesday 6th of October.
- We can accommodate a maximum of 2 people for a one hour visit in the Resident’s room only.
- In order to reduce congestion visitors will need to book their visit online with arrivals staggered at 10 minute intervals in order to allow staff to conduct the necessary screening process and escorting. [update: for this week ( 4,6 October), we will operate on 15 minute intervals]
- Booking must be made at the latest by 12pm on the requested day of visit. The last appointment available is at 4:10 for a visit finishing at 5.00PM.
- Please be aware of social distancing whilst waiting to access the facility outside the gate and remember hand hygiene and mask etiquette for your visit. Of course we would appreciate your timely arrival according to your booking to help us facilitate your visit.
Our Book a Visit page will go live tomorrow (Saturday 3/10/2020).
You will appreciate that the above limitations are imposed on us by the NSW Department of Health.