It is very reassuring to see the number of COVID-19 transmission rate going in the downwards trend. Thank you again for your patience and your support to keep our residents and staff safe at the Abel Tasman Village. For the time being, we still need to continue our “lock-down”.
All of us are working hard to keep our residents safe. Nevertheless, should a positive case of COVID-19 occur at the Abel Tasman Village, the Australian Government announced these emergency leave provisions for residential aged care on 14 May 2020.
- The new leave provision enable, for a specified time period and location, care residents to take emergency leave (non-hospital), rather than using their existing social leave entitlements.
- Families will have the opportunity to take residents out of Abel Tasman Village on “Social Leave” for a period of time back to their family home if suitable.
- Residents won’t be penalised or disadvantaged for moving out of the facility during crisis under emergency leave legislation amendments adopted by the Morrison Government.
- Emergency leave is available from 1 April 2020 to 30 September 2020.
- Services Australia (Medicare) deployed the payment system functionality for emergency leave on 27 June 2020. This included suspending the social leave count during the emergency leave period.
In other news, Abel Tasman Village will no longer be invoicing you for the hairdressing services for residents at the village. Rosa Iacono will be directly emailing you with an invoice. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact her directly on 0409 659 342