Dear Families & Friends,
Following our post on 19 February with information on the COVID-19 vaccine, we can now provide more information to families and friends about the rollout of the vaccination program. Please note, we have NOT been notified by the Primary Health Network when our residents will be vaccinated, however we have the documentation available to be prepared should it occur soon.
We are asking you, the person responsible, to provide your written consent to the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as possible, so that we can be ready for the vaccination program when we are notified.
As previously stated, the Australian Government and Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) strongly encourage our residents, families and staff to be vaccinated as vaccination will generate an immune response to COVID-19. Please refer to our 9 February email for further information about the vaccine. We also have copies of this information available at Reception.
Click on these links for information sheets about:
- The Pfizer (Comirnaty) Vaccine
- Preparing for COVID-19 vaccination
- What to expect on COVID-19 vaccination day at your residential aged care facility
- After your COVID-19 vaccination
- COVID-19 Vaccine and the Flu Vaccine
We also ask that you complete a Consent Form for the 2021 Influenza Vaccine which will take place at least the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Please select BOTH Influenza and Covid-19 Vaccine in the Abel Tasman Village consent form.
Completing the Consent Forms:
Below are the two Consent Forms for you to complete:
- Consent Form for the Abel Tasman Village Annual Influenza Vaccine and the COVID-19 Vaccine. [download]
- Australian Government Consent Form for the Covid-19 Vaccine. [download]
How to complete the two Consent Forms:
- Complete the Consent Forms electronically and email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Print the Consent Forms and return the completed forms to the Registered Nurse on duty
- Pick up a copy of the Consent Forms from Reception or the Registered Nurse on duty and return the completed forms to Reception or the Registered Nurse on duty.
We ask that you do this as soon as possible, so that we can be ready for vaccination day. If there are fields you are not able to complete (eg. Medicare Number) you can leave them blank.
It is important to note that, despite the vaccination program being rolled out over the coming months, we will need to continue to be vigilant with our hand hygiene and social distancing. The screening requirements, masks and visitor restrictions will still be with us for some time. We will continue to keep you updated on the roll-out of the program when information becomes available.