The Government has released new restrictions effective immediately to protect the well-being of aged care residents, staff, families and visitors. The latest Department of Health COVID-19 information sheet will be displayed prominently throughout the Village and a summary of the tighter conditions of entry are summarised below:
- All large group activities and external activities are now postponed indefinitely
- All staff are undertaking temperature checks at the commencement of each shift. Any staff member displaying an elevated temperature will be required to cease work and obtain a medical clearance prior to resuming work
- Residents are monitored daily for general well-being. Any resident who displays or develops symptoms of COVID-19 will be isolated or if required transported to hospital and will not be able to see visitors until medically cleared. The facility will liaise with families should this eventuate. I would reiterate at this time that we have no cases of COVID-19 with residents or staff.
- We have strengthened the presence of hand sanitisers at all points of entry to the Village including the main gate, administration, and buildings within the Village. It is a condition of entry that ALL visitors use the dispenser on entry and periodically during their visit. Handwashing remains a key defence in combating COVID-19 so you are required to wash your hands with soap and water when entering/leaving a residents room and encouraged to practice social distancing
- All visitors including contractors must sign in and out. Contractors are being restricted to essential works only. We will be making enquiries to determine if we can continue with our regular physiotherapy treatments as allied health visits are to be affected
- Visitors and staff who have returned from overseas or been in contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days will not be able to visit a residential aged care facility. Nor will anyone with a fever, symptoms of a respiratory illness or who, from May 01 have not been vaccinated against Influenza
- Visits should be short (no longer than 2 hours) and restricted to two visitors at a time with a maximum of 4 people each day (including the doctor). In accordance with Department of Health guidelines we are forthwith reducing visiting hours to 0900 am to 1700 pm each day. Visits should be conducted in residents rooms or open spaces away from other residents. In the event that families need to visit outside of these hours, they need to contact the Clinical Care Manager or registered nurse to vary the arrangement
- Children 16 years and under are not permitted to visit except in special circumstances
- For our Home Care consumers, we will be providing a specific update in relation to your service tomorrow. Currently, our staff have received training in dealing with the COVID-19 emergency and have the appropriate personal protective equipment to provide normal services. Should you have any concerns or wish to adjust your service please contact the Coordinators (Elizabett or Nina) on 02 9645 3388
We appreciate this is a difficult time and the increasing restrictions may cause distress for some residents. We will be working with IT to provide contact via skype/facetime applications. Should you wish to explore these options please contact the duty registered nurse or administration during normal business. Given the changing nature of COVID-19 we can anticipate further restrictions being imposed including the possibility of complete lock down. We will communicate all changes as they develop. Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the centre.