Welcome to another Friday update from ATV. With low levels of local Covid-19 transmission, AHPPC recommends that:
- Children of all ages will be permitted to visit the Abel Tasman Village. All visitors, including children, must adhere to restrictions on visitor numbers, social distancing and personal hygiene.
- Visiting service providers such as hairdressers, diversional therapists and allied health professionals will be permitted to enter The Abel Tasman Village when their services cannot be provided via telehealth or other adaptive models of care, and the resident cannot attend an external facility to receive these services; these providers must adhere to equivalent social distancing and hygiene practices as they have implemented in community settings.
- Visits to a maximum of two visitors at any one time per resident.
- Visits should be conducted in a resident’s room, outdoors, or a specified area at Abel Tasman Village, rather than communal areas with other residents.
- No large group visits should be permitted at this time, however gatherings of residents in communal or outdoor areas which adhere to social distancing and current jurisdictional requirements for gathering size may be permitted.
- Visitors must practise social distancing where possible, including maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres. Visitors have a responsibility to supervise any children with them, practise hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette, and to comply with directions given by Abel Tasman Village staff.
- Residents can be escorted on outings that include going to the:
- The local bank
- Medical and specialist appointments
- Allied Health appointments.
Given the increasing numbers of coronavirus (COVID-19) in particular locations of the suburbs in Victoria and the heightened risk of transmission, Stage 3 Stay at Home restrictions will be applied to impacted areas.
The restricted postcodes are: 3012, 3021, 3032, 3038, 3042, 3046, 3047, 3055, 3060 and 3064.
The RN on duty will ask for your driver’s licence as part of the screening process if you are a visitor from Melbourne.
Abel Tasman Village has updated the screening process to include asking the following questions:
In the past 14 days, have you been to or returned from Melbourne?
If the answer is YES, then..
In the past 14 days, have you been to or returned from COVID – 19 hotspots in Victoria?
If this answer is YES, the RN on duty may refuse your entry.